The other day I commented to a friend about how the smell of pecans roasting made me nostalgic for the holidays, though it was a balmy 98 degree Florida summer day. I was making pecan chicken because it was too hot to stand at the grill and I shared the recipe with her when she said she needed something new to cook. Her response was, “well, that’s easy.”
It’s almost too easy to share on the interwebs but maybe you need ‘too easy’ in your life today. Maybe we all earned something that is equal parts easy and awesome. So here’s the easiest most delish baked chicken you ever did meet.
- 1.5 lbs Fresh chicken breast
- 1/2 lb pecan halves
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Food processor the pecans until they are quite fine with some mixed bigger bits. (Don’t have a food processor? No biggie just chop til ya drop. They turn fine quite easily)
- Add 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs and about 10-15 cranks of sea salt to your pecans and place in a dish for chicken dunking.
- Pound or slice your chicken into thinner pieces.
- Dip each piece of chicken in your egg wash then coat with the pecan mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet (with a raised baking tray for best results)
- Cook for 40 minutes at 380 degrees.
I told you it was easy.
ps: I love pecans and I love honey mustard. I oodly love this Terrapin Ridge Farms Pecan Honey Mustard. You can make this chicken as fancy as you want, or enjoy them finger-style like I did yesterday. Yum.